Skip to main content

2020 with injury

Hi,

I am a first-time poster though I regularly read the advice on this forum. So thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. My son is a RHP who last year (summer/fall of 2017) after his freshman year received numerous offers, including a full ride offer from a Pac12 school. He felt very much like he wanted to keep looking because he didn't know what he wanted (and the Pac12 school is in our hometown and he wants to go away for school). Anyway, fast forward to this year and he struggled with a shoulder injury all year. He didn't play the high school season. Had a few solid outings in big tournaments, but then didn't finish the summer because the injury came back. Now, we don't know what to do. Some offers have gone away and some, from smaller schools, remain. He is trying to decide whether to take the offers from a mid-major or to rehab, get stronger and see what happens in his junior year. I worry that the 2020 slots will be taken by next year, and - having hedged our bets once and lost - that taking an offer is better than not. However, I know he would really like to be at a P5, but I think we're no longer sure if he can make it. Maybe the "projectability" he had a year ago is no longer there. Any thoughts or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

JAM24

Original Post