Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 College Baseball Season"

TTU is 19-4 and ranked #4 in a couple polls. Lost their first three to SEC teams opening tournament. Have been rolling since. Son has been OK, with a few good outings and a few "mixed" outings. (If you call giving up a 3 run HR a mixed outing). Unbelievably, they brought him in to start the 8th inning with a one run lead vs Arkansas in the opening game of the year in Globe Life. They also brought him in to start the 7th with a one run deficit to Texas State. He finished the game, Tech scored several times and he got his first win. No midweek games for four weeks, so the bullpen has gotten more crowded.

He seems to have a similar problem to a lot of freshman pitchers.  Starts out strong but has difficulty closing out an appearance. Pitcher list is going to get shorter during conference. We'll see how it goes. Lots of arms.

I am batting 20 for 23 in appearances at games. Lubbock is 547 mi from my front door. TTU has had two neutral site series in Houston and Dallas, and the rest of the games have been in Lubbock. The miles are racking up on my speedometer. I leave for Manhattan, Kansas tomorrow morning for three vs Kansas State.  Looking forward to seeing Jordan Wicks pitch.

If anyone has knowledge of the great plains, particularly near Manhattan, I'm up for recommendations.  Human and natural history are a foremost interest. I am thinking of staying in Milford State Park just to the west of Manhattan.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0