Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 - First Offer, Looking for Guidance"

Wow, thanks again for the responses... very insightful!

This school meets several of his criteria:

1) Smaller campus size - not in big city

2) Within 5 hours drive

3) Nice facilities and campus

4) Good Business school (this is his preliminary thought on a Major)

Also, I don't know the etiquette on here about offer details but it is a nice athletic/academic package equating to around 70% or so of total cost of attendance.  I don't want to divulge too many details but it seems like a good offer to us .

OK, some good points were brought up that we are now discussing at home (wife and I).  He is signed up for a couple showcases later in the summer.  I feel like the offering school will not be too happy that he is still out trying to garner more offers and they will start to feel maybe he isn't that interested?  Again, he is young and I know has plenty of time according to the timetables I have seen, but here he is with a "bird in the hand" and is scared to death to let it sit too long and lose it.  The coach did say he is not one to pressure a kid and wants him to be completely sure he wants to attend the college, but of course the sooner the better for them so they can know how to approach the fall etc. 

With vacations and work schedule it may be August or so before my wife and I could also visit so I think they will be fine with that type of timeframe.  That at least gives him another couple months to see how he is feeling etc.

Thanks again for the responses!