Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 - First Offer, Looking for Guidance"

I wanted to come back and update where we are at:

We have scheduled a campus tour and a meeting with admissions for the first week of August.  My son is even more ready to commit to this college as he has done more research and has talked to several people that have attended the school.

He has kept in contact with the coaches weekly and they came and watched him play last weekend since they were already at the tournament recruiting. 

I would like your opinions on something:

1) Is it a fair concern to bring to the coach regarding the fact that once son commits he is off the board and no one else will recruit him.  This puts the benefit of him committing into the favor of the college.  I have read and heard of many stories of schools over-committing kids or finding someone they like better and then pulling the verbal offers last minute before the NLI is signed.  I would like to get the coaches take on this concern and see what his response would be.  Is this a fair concern to bring up or will he most likely tell us what we want to hear?  Is this something I could ask the coach or should son be the one asking (I am more concerned about it that he is and I feel I could express the concern more clearly)?

Thanks!