Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 High School Senior Day"

I'm the head baseball coach and athletic director at my school.  We decided as a school we were going to have our senior night the very first home game just in case something bad happened.  In NC we were only allowed 14 games and most of the time it was just conference games since we have 8 teams in our conference.  It has worked out very well for us and I actually hope we continue it next year because we will have our non-conference schedule back so a loss here doesn't hurt as much as a conference game would be.

We have schools around us who waited until the end who either did not get to have their recognition or had to do it during a first round home playoff game.  It just made sense to me to have it the first game after last year.  Speaking of last year we got lucky because our last game after hearing we were going to shut down was an away game.  Their coach contacted me and said they were going to do a "just in case senior night" for his kids and wanted to know if we wanted to recognize our kids.  We scrambled together something and for how quick it was set up it worked very well.  Such a classy move by that school