Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 mlb draft"

I'm curious, how does a HS junior get drafted?  That's what it says on the draft tracker.  He's born in 2003, so apparently not old for his grade - although I see that most of the HS seniors drafted were born in 2002, and some were born in 2003, so is it that he's 18?

Several years ago a teammate of my son was eligible for the draft but headed to college after his junior year. He was eighteen.

When he headed for a private school they had him repeat freshman year. By junior year he had nothing more to gain baseball wise. He got his GED and headed for college. Before anyone gets the wrong idea it wasn’t Wossamotta U. It was a HA, ranked D1.

As for the academic integrity of this HA they also recruited a football kid from our high school with a 4.25. It was his time in the forty. It might also be his IQ. Or it could be the years of probation he got for decking a cop.

He became a humble, nice kid. But he was dumber than a bag of rocks. He was gone in a year. He transferred to a less academic challenging, sometimes ranked mid major. He flunked out of there in a year. He now has a career in distribution.

Last edited by RJM