Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 mlb regular season"

@JCG posted:

What the heck is this?

These are Boston Strong uniforms. They will be worn on Patriot’s Day (New England holiday). Blue and gold are the Boston Strong logo colors. It goes back to the Marathon Day (happened on Patriot’s Day) bombing.

Other than last year and this year the marathon is held on Patriot’s Day. It’s a city sized party. The Sox play at 11am so after the game fans can stay in the city and watch the marathon. Kenmore Square (Fenway Park) is on the route a little over a mile from the finish line. When I was a little kid the Sox played a doubleheader at 11am and 2pm. It’s when games took 2:15 to 2:30 to play. Fans would go out into Kenmore Square between games.

I grew up on Heartbreak Hill in Chestnut Hill near Boston College. It’s the most challenging part of the marathon up and down hills. I would rather run it than bike it. I used to run it to get in shape for football summer sessions.

Personally, I wish after eight years the city could let go. I decided that morning to get a new iPad. I was standing on Boylston Street not far from the Apple Stiore.  I was a block from one of the bombs. It was my first venture out of walking my neighborhood after life saving surgery and being released three weeks earlier. The next day I had to go back in the hospital. My BP was still 200+/100+.

Pro teams are into alternate uniforms for revenue generation. These will probably sell well.

Last edited by RJM