Skip to main content

2021 Recruitment after very Positive Camp

Good morning, my son is a 2021 SS. We just had a very good camp with a top 50 D1 School In Florida where he looked very good. RC liked him a lot and so did the HC. He was told among other things that "is not every day we see a defensive SS with your talents, and that is something we just can't pass up on".  We were invited to watch a team practice later that day and RC told him they felt he would fit right in with the team , we were also asked if we like the Campus etc..

His BP was great also. On defense HC gave him xtra round of ground balls and was impressed with him. On Sunday 2nd day of Camp RC talked to him asked him a few questions and gave him his cell number so my son could call him the following week to follow up.

Before the phone call they excanged text messages where RC told him they had enjoyed watching him over the weekend.

Last night he had his first call, and it all went great. Casual conversation and was asked aobut his family, daily routine etc. 

Was also told that they have only 2 2021 Recruits verbally  committed (3B and C)and that they see him coming in as a SS or 2b.

All went well, and Coach asked my son to keep communicating on a weekly basis, asked for his Fall Varsity schedule and also asked to keep him posted on the Upcoming Jupiter World's where my son will be playing.

In my opinion all went very well. My son loves the school and is not pursuing anything else until we see if this turns out into a verball commitment. 

However, we are new to this and we are not sure how it all works out and what is the process during this Stage.

For those who have had similar experiences how do you think is looking for my son wiht this school?, and what needs to happen before he gets an official invite and possible an offer? RC knows he has good grades and 1220 SAT score.

TIA for your input.

Original Post