Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 Recruitment after very Positive Camp"

Thank you all for your input. Just to answer a few questions posted:

Our HS coach really goes out of his way to find schools for his players, mostly D2s and Juco's . Juco's are top programs in FL. His D1 connections are limited although he has recently commited a 2024 8th Grader to a top 25 ACC school . Has a lot of Connections in FL with D2s and Jucos.

I think he feels that maybe we are ansxious to find a school and wants to help, picked up the phone and 10 minutes later the Juco Coach was offering my Son tuition+ books, just based on the HS refereces of him without even seeing him on Video. HS Coach feels that is a good idea to secure the Juco now (after Jupiter) if the D1 falls through, and if other D1s or the D1 in question offers, then take it now or later, but secure in October if nothing comes up with Juco.

Keep in mind that in FL, a lot of the Jucos are not recruting 2020's, they are doing 2021's now and some looking into 2022's.

And yes we have looked into transfering credits, Academic Program, etc. is a no brainer to go D1 if the offer would be on the table.. there are not other options now on the table, maybe a Camp in December for another D1, but that is it.  We play a busy Fall and Spring schedule on our HS and the Coach/Program is very demanding. (went to State Finals last year and were ranked in Max Preps top 25 in the nation for a while)Going to Camps and traveling etc. during a Fall season and missing games and/or practices is NOT acceptable unless the Coach sends you out. Most of the times (98%) he brings schools in to watch our workouts.

My son is not a National Ranked Player, not a big guy , (5-10, 160 lbs just turned 16)has tools and plays lights out. This is not your typical top recruit guy that has 10 top schools from the SEC or ACC after him. Not the case. Just a good player that will impress you when you see him on the field with Plus Defense and range. His metrics will not impress you, 84 mph across the diamond, 7.2 60 yeard dash, but like I said you have to see him taking ground balls on the field to really judge him. Will hit for ave, with a few doubles.

We went to this Camp on our own as Coach had brought in the RC of the D1 to see our workouts and check out 1 of our players, who eneded up not comitting. I was told the RC liked my son, so we decided to call him and he offered to go to Camp, our HS coach was not too encouraing at the begining, and the rest is History.

I'll keep everyone posted how it turns out, thanks again to all that replied.