Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 Recruitment after very Positive Camp"

Absolutely have your son ask, but ask in a way where he isn't going to get further coach-speak.  Work with him to come up with the right words about his desire to play for this D1 school, and wanting to know where he stands on their recruiting board.  Keep it simple and polite.  You never know...he may be transferring there in a year or two if he commits to the JUCO.

I do think you are pushing the clock a little bit with the JUCO.  Recruiting is a marketplace.   The JUCO is a great starting point option, and I think you can optimize that option (aka..leverage) to see what else is available before having to commit so quickly.   You have a lot of experienced people offering the same advice, because we've been through situations like this.  

You've got plenty of time on the "shot clock", no need to dribble down and shoot immediately especially if he knows he wants to play D1 baseball.   Heck, my kid (RHP) broke my heart at least three times before finding the perfect fit.   I had the opposite issue, where my kid wanted to run out the "shot clock".  You've got time, and if your son is as good as you say he is he'll have plenty of offers.

As always, JMO.  Good luck!