Skip to main content

Reply to "2021 Roll Call"

nycdad posted:
ABSORBER posted:
nycdad posted:

You can see PBR rankings if your kid has participated and has an account. You can't see them if you're not logged in. Can't see PG rankings unless you have the premium sub.

Re: college questionnaires. 2020 never filled one out. Just sent emails.

You actually can see PG national rankings by looking on an individual player's profile (as I stated above). Just look at their "Awards" tab.  You will see either their numeric ranking (1-499), Top 500, or Top 1000. The absence of one of the aforementioned means they are not currently ranked.

Yes, I meant easily on the front page.

Be warned sometimes you have to look deeper, just because a kid has a numeric ranking for state, it can be a place holder. For example my 2022 has a 14 Overall and 5 RHP ranking for state....But that's not his actual standing, that is a place holder for about 50 players, with the cutoff for the actual ranking being 13 and 4.

Honestly the PG ranking other than the very top have always been confusing to me. 

Actually, it works like this:

PG National rankings 1-499 (recent ranked classes have few than 500; they increase the total count at every rankings update so let's assume we are talking about 2020's) are listed as is, 1-499. "Top 500"'s are actually nationally ranked BY POSITION. For example, if you choose a position such as LHP will will see that each "Top 500" has a different national ranking for their position. "Top 1000"'s all share the same national ranking for their position which is the next number after the lowest "Top 500" position ranking. If you are the lowest ranked "Top 500" LHP and your national position ranking is 320, every "Top 1000" LHP will be "Top 1000" overall and #321 LHP). State rankings are different. You can be listed #9 in the  top 10 for your state (check the recent 2023's) and yet be a Top 1000 nationally and share the same national numeric ranking as the #10 ranked LHP pitcher in your state. Of course, as I stated earlier, you will only see top 1-499 or "Top 500" on the awards page if you don't have an account. Of course you can see the rest as I defined if you have an account and won't need to select every profile's award page!