Skip to main content

Reply to "2021s"

@Peach49 posted:

He has not received his official Scholarship offer yet. Coach told him he will definitely be getting an offer, how much depends on funding. He really likes the Coach & it is close to home ,but until he gets that official offer he still talking to other coaches. He has a call with another D2 this week. Hopefully everything will be officially rapped up very soon.

Peach I have to say I've always admired and appreciated your Grandparental pride and enthusiasm.  I was very close with my Grandfather and even in my 50's there isn't a week that goes by that I don't think about him.  

As for your Grandson, I suspect things will work out if he's open to being flexible.  It's stuck me that's there's been something of a disconnect between his high metrics and his recruitment status.  I'm not sure why, it could 100% be attributable to Corona, or maybe he's just got a lot of raw talent that hasn't fully translated to the field.  Either way, it remains a very tricky time for 2021's and even 2022's.  I suspect that's what the group is trying to express, everyone wants your Grandson to succeed.  He may just have to consider some alternative routes to get to the final goal, given the remarkable and unique challenges of the moment.  Please keep us informed.