Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 advise going forward"

NoALDad posted:

Along the HA path are the Head First camps worth the investment and are kids actively signed from these events?  Thank you 

My son (2020 RHP) participated in a Head First camp during the fall of his junior year and we thought it was very well run with tons of opportunity to interact with coaches. Your son will need to be comfortable holding a conversation with a coach on the fly.  PBR will be a great first showcase option.  Your son should be playing on a competitive summer team, ideally one where the coaches have a strong network. You do want to be selective and make sure his arms gets appropriate rest, but we found that taking a three-pronged approach with show cases, camps, and travel ball was effective. 

I would not limit your son to PO at this point unless that is really what he wants. Although my son was recruited as a RHP, he attended camps as a two-way player (except Arizona Fall Classic if I remember correctly) and has continued to play multiple positions with his club team. His future college team carries a small-ish roster so they like players who can do more than one thing. 

I highly recommend taking the ACT and SAT early (end of sophomore year ideally) as we found it was an advantage in the HA recruiting process. Please feel free to PM if you have specific questions and best of luck!

Last edited by BBMomAZ