Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 College Season"

I get the sense that @CTbaseballDad is not the type to talk about his son so I will... he got the Friday night start and pitched 6 innings of 1 hit ball while striking out 9.  He's the real deal.  I will brag about my own son when I get the opportunity!  Until then I will just talk about your kids.

Thanks, Scott, I appreciate the post!

Funny story I thought I'd share that may help some in the future.  We're driving from the airport and my son texts my wife, asking that we pick up a Bang energy drink.  We don't like to support such a habit, but agree since he's starting.  Go to first store we see and they only have Monster.  Wife says get the sugar free, I say no, doubt he drinks sugar free.  Give to son, wife looks it up, Bang is sugar free.  Wife is right again.

Fast forward to game, Jack has a good start, but then a real messy 3rd inning.  Velo down, hits 2 batters, walks another 2, including walking in a run.  Then I break into a cold sweat, thinking, darn, he probably drank that Monster and is having a sugar crash because I didn't buy the damn zero sugar drink.  That bad inning was all my fault.

Turns out, he took one sip before the game, didn't like it and threw it out.  Dad off the hook, bad inning was all on the boy!

Lesson learned, don't support your kid's bad habit and ALWAYS listen to your wife.

Here's to a great season for all out there!