Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 College Season"

@HSDad22 posted:

Anyone see Iona's season so far,  0-6 against UTenn and Old Dominion.   I think the average run difference was probably 20 per game.

I don't care how much of a lesson learned, losing that bad is demoralizing.  I really do believe coaches that think it's good for the team growth just don't get it, and it's more about them than their team.  Most football teams schedule cream puffs in the pre-conference schedule unless they are vying for a title; and if that's the case they are typically good enough to play anyone.

The coaches didn't do this the administration did.  According to several of their fans and looking back, their administration ran off their coach last year for not playing a kid whose dad was influential.  The coach made a point at the end by not putting him on the lineup card but a college should never play daddy ball.  When they ran the coach off, about 13 players quit also.  Didn't hire the new coach until late August and he had to rebuild a team.  Don't know if it would have helped against us but tough place for new coach to be.  He does not seem to have much of a staff to help him either.