Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 College Season"

@PitchingFan posted:

You will not hear me defend him.  There is a backstory but won't broadcast it here or say what he did was an adequate response.  There is too much junk and trash talking going on in college nowadays.  I know someone will say it always has but that is on the umpires.  I also heard an umpire tell a kid to shut the F up this weekend which should get him suspended for the year.  No.  It was not one of our players.  We were not even playing.

I am glad to hear you are not defending him.  If I have to guess, the backstory consists of some swearing, some disrespect, some trash talk and some other issues between both dugouts, but the "antics" and behavior that UT has been doing as of late, they had to expect teams to have some backlash towards them.  This was just another example of UT unacceptable behavior and he should have been suspended for it and I am sure the coach did nothing.    I may be in the minority here, but as a mom, I would be absolutely mortified if that was my kid acting that way.  We raised our son to show humility because the saying in our house goes, "just when you think you are the best, there is always someone better" so be humble, play the right way and know that there is always someone watching.  There is a tiny minority of young men that get to play at the next level, be grateful and appreciative to be where you are.  JMHO