Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 College Season"

@PABaseball posted:

This is a bit of what I was referring to. I followed that regional very closely as there are a lot of local kids and former teammates playing in it. That region was so poorly officiated start to finish I couldn't believe I was watching post season D1 baseball. It was not limited to the College Park regional either.

But that call was so bad the announcers could not even find a way to defend it. For the home plate umpire to make that call (when he should have been watching the runner from third come home) after it was initially ruled safe is nothing short of bizarre. And then for them to look at it and determine it was the right call is even wilder. Beyond that - the rule is absolutely atrocious sending the scoring runner back to third when there was never even an option for a play at home. Disgusting. Between that and Michigan I was really let down. There is no point of replay if everybody can agree what the right call is except for the crew on the field.

I watched from the 7th inning on of all the close games. From just watching three innings it appeared the home plate umpire was a bit of a hot head. It seemed he wanted to be part of the action.

Last edited by RJM