Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 College Season"

While the NIL $ runs the gamut from product/merch to a couple thousand $$$ to more than a couple hundred thousand $$$ a lot of the NIL stuff is goods and services.

My daughter is what I would consider an average D1 women's hockey player. She is a "Barstool athlete" and has a deal with Liquid IV. Both send merch and L-IV send her product for a couple of posts a month in season and less out of season. Great for her and what appears to be good enough for them.

On the other hand her JH class mate was the Gatorade Female HS Athlete of the year along with National basketball player of the year. She has won more awards in college and has NIL's with StockX, Gatorade, Cash App, Chegg, and Crocs. I believe all of those deals were negotiated thru her agent. It is BIG BUSINESS!!!

My source for T-Tanks is certainly not him but a close friend of mine whose friend was in the mix for T-Tanks services and thought that he was going to land him until he announced he was headed to LSU. $$$ is what it is but I thought that it was interesting that part of the deal was somewhere between a request and a demand to play 3rd base and hit in the #3 hole.