Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 High School Season"

Kid's team had their first scrimmage. Wonderful NY spring weather; cold, windy and wet. I arrived quite late and was surprised (and really envious) at the number of folks in attendance. The other team started their stud pitcher and there were several scouts in attendance. I was told he was blowing past the batters. Son played the protecting bullpen pitcher in the foul ball area position...I admit he looked pretty good, and I am sure he did that to avoid working the book. He was given an AB and faced a pitcher he is familiar with as they train at the same facility. It looked and sounded like he turned on it very well, but as it flew to the outfield the ball started looking like a pole vaulter and became the ol' can of corn catch for position 8. Pitching was great on both sides and game was won due to a timely hit and botched fielding (can't fault the other team given the crap weather)+ good baserunning.  This is going to be an interesting year as it is the first time the parochial schools will have a state tourney. Lots of teams have stud pitchers but depth will determine who will be the last team standing.

Last edited by 2022NYC