Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 High School Season"

Francis, as a longtime HS coach, if this is happening to your son and he is in danger of further injury, TAKE HIM OFF OF THE TEAM.  I have dealt with similar situations and never have I gone against what doctors have said.  Your son is not "comfortable" throwing.  What the heck are you going to do when, in a game situation, he turns and throws to the plate on a cut?

We are in season now although, as most of you know I've switched over to softball.  This year had tremendous potential.  We had 6 pitchers in the program with three clearly varsity ready.  Two were battling for the #1 slot in the circle.  One of these two, who I think is better, decided to play TB in Missouri.  Missouri plays HS in the fall.  That player would have also been our SS.  Then, we talk to #3 and tell her that she now is varsity and will play/pitch a lot.  She is upset that she is not #1.  Her mom is even more upset and pulls her from the team.  This young lady is doing the same as the other.  This young lady would have battled for the DH/1B position besides being #2.  We have never thrown our #1 every game like a lot of programs do.  Literally, overnight, we went from a team that could have gone deep into the state playoffs to a team that will have to battle to win a regional.  We are now throwing two freshmen as #2.  So far, we have beaten a team that had 2 SEC recruits and another Mid-Major DI recruit and have lost to a team that wouldn't beat us another time if we played them 9 more times.  That is sometimes the nature of HS sports.  Still, I am having a blast and love every minute of this.

Last edited by CoachB25