Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 High School Season"

Game #1 for my favorite baseball player's senior HS season yesterday. Haha for all of you warm weather baseball parents...was a breezy and chilly 38 degrees at game time. We were supposed to play a couple last week but with no turf we had to wait longer to play.

Son has not played for his HS since he was a freshman with covid eliminating sophomore season and a broken hamate bone eliminating junior season.

Caught and led off for his squad. First AB he wrecked a preseason goal of no looking strikeouts...he handled it exceptionally well and was my proudest moment of the day. Next ab against the crafty lefty he smoked one between the first and second baseman. 3rd AB got a pitch he hammered after fouling off 2 with two strikes. 4th AB was with his team up 10-2 in bottom of 5th and a guy on base for a game 1 walk-off bomb (not hit as far as the prior homer).

Ended game 3/4 with 2 HR, threw out a kid at 3rd and zero passed balls. Thankful for a healthy start to what I hope is a fun, healthy, senior year for my kid. (attached is video he made of the 2 HR's).  

Attachments

Videos (1)
Pete HS game 1 - 2022
Last edited by used2lurk