Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 Outfielder questions"

Beloweye10 posted:

First time poster so here it goes.

My son is a 2022 and I’m learning about the baseball recruiting process for a position player and where we should focus our efforts. This site has some great information and I’ve learned a great deal! Just wondering the most effective way to help him achieve his goal of playing college baseball. It seems you can spend a fortune on everything that’s out there! Since I’m the “CFO”, I’m looking for the best bang for my buck. Much of the input here for sophomores and younger seems to be pitching.

He’s 16, 5’11”, 165, 6.9 60, 85 EV, 90 Outfield Velo, hits for average gap to gap but warning track power, 4.0 gpa and hasn’t taken the ACT or SAT. 

Any input will be appreciated.

A 2022 with those measurables certainly has the very same tools as other D1 commits including P5, don't let anyone tell you different! All you have to do is take a look at the kids from all classes currently committed using PG data available to anyone--which I am sure you have already done. Whether he commits to a D1 is really up to him as long as he has the ability to improve every year and be able to show it on the field.

Use this forum as a way to educate yourself but remember only your son can impact his journey and everyone's journey is very different. Best thing for him in the next year is to hit the weights. I have seen plenty of D1 players in the last week who clearly still need to hit the weights! It pretty easy to spot the players who take it seriously