Skip to main content

Reply to "2022 - Where can I get a good assessment?"

Gunner Mack Jr. posted:
LousyLefty posted:

The problem is that many of the great Engineering schools that are a good academic fit are strong baseball programs as well.

How realistic is it to be an Engineering major and a D1 baseball player?  I am just throwing it out there because one of my son's teammates was told directly by a school (D3) they prefer not to recruit engineering majors due to the workload.....   Just relaying what I heard.   

I know it's going to be hard to find a good fit which is why I think we'll have to cast a wider net.  Already spent a lot of time looking at schools here in CA that would maybe be a good fit baseball-wise but might be a small step down academically.  Had to cross some off the list as there were zero rostered players in engineering going back 2/3 years.  

He projects D1 (maybe, who knows, I hate guessing) but I don't think he'd mind going lower if it was a good fit academically.  For now we haven't talked about it much.   He's focusing on being the best he can be academically and physically and then we'll see how many doors are open.  I'm not ready to have the conversation that he may have to choose one dream over the other, yet.