Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 College baseball Season"

Know I'm late but you guys seem like you're having fun.

Oldest son done playing (Amherst) but running in his second Boston Marathon on Sunday. Does that count for anything? At all?

Middle son a senior CF at Swarthmore. This year the team has been in more football score games--winning and losing--than single digit games. Total Jekyll and Hyde season.

Youngest is a first year pitcher at Vassar. A lot of appearances, all in relief, all in high stress situations, all 1-2 innings long. Doing well about 60% of the time.

And just to make sure you don't leave un-entertained, there is this:

https://fb.watch/jTrwSlTRIO/

Welcome to the party, Smoke! Man, I hear ya about the football scores. A good friend has a sin that’s a Senior IF at Haverford. He called me the other day to call my attention to the score in the Haverford vs Washington game. The final score was 33-8 in favor of Haverford. In the 7th inning Haverford batted for 40 minutes and scored 19 runs. In that inning my friend’s son (Zach) had 3 plate appearances. Which resulted in a grand slam, a HBP, and a 2 run HR. Zach had 6 RBI and scored 3 runs in one inning. He tied NCAA D3 records for HRs in an inning (2), and runs scored in an inning (3). Unbelievable. I have never heard of 19 runs being scored in one half inning of college baseball.