Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 College baseball Season"

My son ended his first year season getting swept in the quarterfinals. Luckily preparing for his class finals will keep him distracted and not thinking about the shoulda, woulda, coulda and what ifs. The team did well overall, it had Jeckyl and Hyde performances but showed some brilliance when both pitching and hitting were performing. The roster was crowded and impossible to satisfy the players. The coaches did use the pre-season and practices to determine playing time. The kid started off slowly and had an injury that fairly affected his PT. The coaches did play freshmen and they did produce nicely, really going against the coaching grain even with other HA D3 teams. They did also pull 2 D1 transfers this year, one started and the other was part time not sure if injury was involved. The kid played the last 6 games including the playoffs and hit very well and contributed runs as expected. His surgically repaired arm had no issues and he did not hesitate to let it eat on throws to 3rd or home. I think he will look back at this favorably but completely dissatisfied and it will fuel him during this off season to get even better. At the risk of being sadistic, I enjoyed his struggle because it allowed him to grow and mature to overcome it. I only provided an ear/shoulder with some counsel when asked and offered encouragement plus gave lots of $ubsidy with the $&@*ing food apps. Anyway, I am sure all this fawning over my son will quickly change when he comes back home next week. I did miss the home chaos with 2 boys but I really did appreciate the partial tranquility with having only 1 kid for 9 months.

Last edited by 2022NYC