Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 High School Baseball Season"

I'm envious; next season will mark ten years since my son's HS senior season…

At the end of my son's soph season ('12), his team was three rounds deep in the playoffs but down one game in a best-of-three series. In game two, my son hit a 3-run bomb in the top of the 6th (photo of him rounding 1st) to give his team a 3-run lead. That should have been my most vivid memory of the game, but it wasn't (even with the photo).

Montgomery loaded the bases in the bottom of the seventh and hit a walk-off grand slam. The raw emotion from the seniors and their parents was overwhelming and one of my most memorable baseball moments. There wasn't a single senior with dry eyes coming off the field, and they had parents in the stands to match. The finality of that moment hit, and those seniors never played together again, and it hurt.

That's when I understood there's an expiration date on this baseball journey and not to take that for granted. There's no guarantee if or how long anyone will be on the field at any level. It goes by so fast, and you never know when it will end. Enjoy the journey and stay in the moment!

Good luck to all the athletes and their families!

Fam-1-10

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Fam-1-10