Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 High School Baseball Season"

I'll enjoy him getting more play time on JV anyway. I just hope he'll see it that way, in the days to come. Plus, I told him there are several kids that he's played with for years that didn't make the cut, so he should be proud of where he's at. We're going to miss those friends, though.

Good luck to all the kids out there and to their parents and grandparents who will be biting nails during each game!

It is the right way to look at it.  Playing time is more valuable for sure.  Reminded me of my dad’s story.  He played basketball.  He wasn’t good enough to make JV first two years (didn’t even make any team as a freshman) but kept grinding.  Chose to play JV as a junior for playing time.  Ended up starting varsity point guard as a senior and went on to play in college at a D1 school.  He attributes it to being on the floor when his soph and especially his jr buddies were mostly riding the bench on varsity.  

And your son should be proud to be on any squad in your area.  It’s extremely  competitive in many parts of Texas, just about all of them.  😁 Congrats!