Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 High School Baseball Season"

@TexasLefty posted:

One last note, there are a few players that belittle or talk s$$t to their teammates.  None of them are starters.  All of them probably think they should be starting.  I don’t think the coaches know because I think it happens away from the field.  Coach is very adamant about being a great teammate and supporting your team.  Son and I talked about it because there’s a lot of social BS that happens at this age (14-15) and through HS.  So it’s not all about baseball.  

Congrats to your son on his good season.  With respect to your quote above, I suspect it is happening in every dugout in the country because the same things are happening here.  Maybe a kid is not gracious enough to actually pull for a teammate when they are sitting on the bench - I get that.  At least don't open your mouth then and say negative things to someone.  Of course, I forget, the guys sitting all would be hitting 1000, never make an error in the field, and all have 0.00 ERA's if only the coach were smart enough to play them.