Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 LHP recruiting tips?"

I definitely didn't think I'd get all these responses so quickly, but thanks everyone! To answer fenway's question, both my high school/summer team coaches don't have a ton of experience with getting people recruited(they only have contacts with the local colleges), but it would be a good place to start and I know they would definitely help if I guided them in the right direction. It's definitely something to note that people coming from JUCOs could have the same eligibility as me due to COVID, so obviously most D1 coaches would take them over a kid coming out of high school.  I'd say at this point in time, I've realized that using baseball to help me get into a good school will help more than going just for baseball to get nothing academically and be stuck, so thank you for the tips RJM. For my four seam velocity, I never throw it because for some reason it is slower than my two seam(fingers might be spread too far apart on the ball?). However, I will start getting a big list of schools together and asking my coaches to reach out to the ones that interest me the most.

Also, it might help for me to say that my summer team is 18u, and I don't know if it decreases the amount of colleges that would show up compared to a lower age group. I was born pretty late for my grade, so technically this year I could've played 15u.

-thanks for the replies and I will continue updating this thread as the process continues

Last edited by hbaseball