Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 LHP recruiting tips?"

Thanks for the responses, they are definitely helping me get a better picture of the recruiting process. I actually haven't thrown since July, so shutting my arm down in the winter probably won't be as important as it might be for other players. Once I'm back to 100% (probably late November/early December), I'll gradually start to ramp up my throwing again. As my injury is core related, I've done a lot of strengthening the muscles with light weights that Calhoun mentioned but I still can't do explosive movements like pitching or lifting heavy weight.

It seems like everyone agrees that once I get a list of schools, I'll need to start getting my high school/summer coaches to email those college coaches so hopefully they'll respond with interest. After that, I'll need to find a 17u team that I can fill in for that plays in big PG tournaments where I can get myself in front of those coaches and be in contact with them before the event. Also, it might be important to get to a showcase this spring before high school ball starts.

Is going to a big PG tournament only recommended if I can hit 90 in those bullpens, or would it still be necessary for my recruitment if I come back sitting 85-88 like before? Also, how important is it to have a verified velocity on perfect game, vs just saying that it's how hard I throw? Do schools actually use the perfect game website to verify those things and scout players?

-Thanks again