Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 LHP recruiting tips?"

Did you take the ACT just once?  If so, study up and take it again.  Generally you will get 1-2 points higher with the superscore which is what most coaches care about. Not to mention you may just outright do better.  So, I would make that a priority this Fall.  If you get to 30-31 which it sounds like you will, most doors are open.

As to pitching,  if you are accurate and have decent secondary pitches, IMO you have most HA D1 and D3 on the table.  It sounds like you are interested in this route.   Patriot, Ivy and NESCAC are just a few.  High 80’s LHP will have plenty of HA D1 sniffs.  I also agree, make a short list if you feel comfortable.  Do some thinking and email them this month.  Most coaches will take an interest and someone will write you back.   Give them your background, why you like the school, your metrics, a very brief academic recap and a video link if you can (throwing mechanics without velo is fine for now).   You have the gift of being a tall LHP. That is a golden ticket in cutting through the masses.

DM me if you want more personal advice. We literally just (successfully) went through the process with a 6’4 + 2022 LHP. A lot of gathered info for just one result.

Best of luck and I really like your chances.

Last edited by BBSBfan