Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 mlb regular season"

@RJM posted:

My preseason prediction was aside from lack of overall talent the real death knell would be lack of depth as the season wears on.

Refsnyder and Tapia are not centerfielders. Tapia has played mostly left due to a weak arm. As Duran has proved speed alone doesn’t make a player a good centerfielder.

Hernandez has to play center. These leaves weak hitting Chang at short. Not that Hernandez isn’t a weak hitting centerfielder. I normally don’t bet against the Sox. Not there’s nothing to lose this season. I might as well take advantage. I have bets neither Hernandez or Arroyo hit .250 if they get 500 at bats. I’m beginning to question if they deserve 500 at bats.

I’ve heard rumblings Hamilton will be called up soon. He only hit .250 in AA last year.

Agree RJM.   Got to try something different and see what sticks.  Putting Hernandez back in CF is a start maybe that takes the pressure off him and he can bring up that .083 avg up to a pedestrian .250.   I'm kind of surprised with the pitching staff so far and it hasn't included Whitlock and Mata.   The bullpen has not been terrible yet.   Offense is another matter entirely as they have not lived up to expectations.  Bring Hamilton up and lets see what he can do.  Nothing to lose here.  JMO.