Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 parents are your expectations/strategies changing?"

I would say if he maintains those rankings he should have no problem landing in a good situation.

My son is also a 2023 C, but I have no clue what his ranking would be. There are several stud C’s in FL. He’s great defensively (threw 80 today to 2b, also low 80’s on the mound) and his hitting has really taken off this fall. He is also wicked smart and targeting the top STEM schools in the country. The strategy for him has always been to hope he is good enough at baseball to help get him past some of the other wicked smart kids applying to the same schools. I don’t really see the strategy changing no matter what happens with the rosters.

I would be very worried if my kid were targeting P5 schools right now. Most of them aren’t slowing down their recruiting and have been over signing for years. Now it is just going to be a lot worse. Add in the possibilities of more programs being dissolved. I just read an article this morning about FSU’s finances due to cancelling 2 home football games. If they are having trouble, I can only imagine what is happening at the lower P5 and other schools.