Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 parents are your expectations/strategies changing?"

Hi KP.  This site has been great for helping me understand my 2023s probabilities in baseball.  I used to think of course he can play anywhere.  He's similar to your boy in some ways.  He's smart.  4.0 uwgpa at one of supposed top HS in usa.  #1 in class currently.   7.0  sixty, 85 EV tee,  82 inf velo.  But I don't suspect he is top 30 in state.  He's 5ft 9 and 148 lbs.  ( In 2 years he ll be ... 5ft 9... 160lb.. )  SS/CF/3 hole.  Plays on the #2 team for a large travel program.  So the reality check here has admittedly been a bit hard but helpful.  I don't think anything but a D3 is in the cards for him, especially now w covid.  Which is fine.  We are focused on going to the best academic fit and trying to make sure he doesn't go somewhere where they are over recruiting just for the tuition money.   Best wishes. holidaybelly2023

Thanks dad Belly I resemble your user name and sounds like our kids are similar in terms of numbers. 6.78 sixty, 90 EV, 83 IF, 78  Catcher velo according to PBR in the early summer.  Top tool  is as a defensive catcher and it's not even very close.    5'8 at the start of the season and 5'10 now and probably has 1 or 2 inches left in him.

If his numbers were a little lower I might back him off the P5 dream too but I think that for a kid that hasn't turned 16 yet, even with COVID, we'll look at all the options for a little while longer but I can see our focus changing over time like yours did.