Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 RHP, 6-7, 195, 85-87 FB + An Academic Conundrum"

I should have also shared I am an engineer myself, but did not do athletics in college - so certainly know the rigor on the academic side. I am biased there as well, but it's one of the best return on investments for education out there. Just more demanding than other degrees.

He's doing Tread Athletics training program now (currently remotely with a coach - we're in North Dallas, TX area) and that has been fantastic for his agility and strength. The fall was more focused on those components and the spring will be ramping up the mechanics side. His long toss has already increased and some soreness from doing that prior to the program has dissipated.

It may be a bar he has just set for himself, but he'd like to land at 92 by the end of high school ball. I'm certainly not going to hold him back, but that's a pretty significant increase in a short period of time. That, again, coming from someone who has never played nor trained anyone for the sport. His curve is his best pitch (in my opinion) based on it's late drop at the plate.

Appreciate the feedback!