Skip to main content

Reply to "2023 RHP, 6-7, 195, 85-87 FB + An Academic Conundrum"

Gdubya,

Your post was very refreshing.  It is a conundrum only as much as you allow it to be.   Opportunities are out there for your son, you just need to know how to navigate the college baseball admissions and recruiting "waters" as well as understand time lines for each.

I have a very soft spot for potential college engineering majors who want to play college baseball.   Frankly, I thought I retired from posting on HSBBWeb until I saw your post.   I'm not going to pretend that I know all your details, but if your son has a passion for engineering and a passion for baseball I think it is worth pursuing with everything you've got.  From my personal experience, it is the road less travelled and it is not always unicorns and rainbows along the way.  It is what my oldest son wanted, and he never deviated from his plan despite some bumps in the road.  He graduated on time and had engineering job offers before his senior year started.  He also had a great college baseball experience.   He was recently promoted and is completing his Masters in Engineering degree. 

My middle son was also an engineering undergrad, but he lacked the passion my oldest son had for baseball.  So he did not pursue college baseball opportunities that were presented to him.  It worked out extremely well for him as well.  He's got a great job & career and is  half way through his MBA.  He couldn't be happier.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss details.  Good luck, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all.

Will