Skip to main content

Reply to "2024 High School Baseball Season"

This was exactly how I felt freshman year (last year) watching JV.  The goal did not necessarily seem to be to win (philosophy definitely seems to differ from Varsity).  We had not felt so frustrated watching baseball since house league (which son had not played since he was 9-years-old when he started playing full time travel).  So so baseball in poor weather (punctuated by a game with a snow delay) is not much fun.  Hoping this year is better.

My son’s JV team was good. They wouldn’t have come in last in the varsity league. Neither would the one team they lost to twice.

My son started on varsity soph year. A couple more sons came up mid season. Other JV guys came up junior year and helped win back to back conference titles. It was the competition that stunk. There was only one other good team they played twice. The JV team was 16-2.

Given the best freshmen played JV I can’t imagine what watching a freshman team game would have been like. In the years my son was in high school only one late bloomer freshman team pitcher ultimately made varsity.