Skip to main content

Reply to "2024 RHP from CA not playing much. Possible D1/P5 recruit. What to do?"

@DanJ posted:

@DD 2024  So maybe the question should be - what makes a D3 vs mid D1 vs high D1 vs pro player?

A) it's too soon to know for a 2024 and B) it's whatever the market says it is once it is time.  Not the desired answers, but both are likely the case.

Believe me, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on HSBBW that isn't/didn't REALLY want black and white answers when it came to their kid's recruiting approach.  EVERYONE is looking for those magic bullets.  My cousin is married to a paid D1 asst (mid Major), so I was beyond excited to sit him down and have him divulge the true secret to me.  What exactly does my son need to do to get recruited?  He gave me a two-word answer that made me wanna puke.  He said "be seen."  He has to be seen.  Two years ago the reaction in my head was "you've got to be kidding me!!"  Today, I understand that he was spot on.  So I can appreciate being unsatisfied with recruiting advice.

This One Practice Will Rapidly Accelerate Team Performance ...

Thanks.

Totally get the "being seen" part. Coaches are smart - they generally will be able to evaluate and project a player pretty quickly. But they do that based on seeing thousands of players over many years.

Not at all specific to me, it just seems like a situation where someone could quantify the probabilities.

Great pic!