Skip to main content

Reply to "2024's Recent D3 Visit"

CubsFaninSTL,

This campus visit sounds like it was worth the time and effort, and your son got to speak to the decision makers which is very important.  This is great experience for the next schools on his list.   I can feel the optimism and promise in your post and I'm sure your son is excited about the possibility of going to school here.   

You were smart to ask questions about the JV program...that would still be a red-flag for me no matter what they say about it.   Recruiting is sales.   It isn't what you say it is what you do.

As a parent, I liked to ask my oldest son what he thought about the visit, tour, meeting immediately after.   I kept a journal with notes and comments.   Typically, he would be excited about the school and the prospect of going there.   Then, I'd ask 1-2 weeks later after some of the hype had worn off and he had some time to digest and analyze what was said by coaches, admissions, etc.   Giving the visit some time to "breathe" was key for me to understand where his mind was at.   I could always tell when he was truly excited about a school if he said the same positive and worthwhile things about the experience 1-2 weeks later.  In his case, it was more the exception than the rule.

JMO.  Best of luck!

Last edited by fenwaysouth