Skip to main content

Reply to "2024's Recent D3 Visit"

My simple thoughts, my son is not in the MLB or minors, there alternatives, any program that has more than 35  - 40 would be at the bottom of the list.

There was a poster here whose son matriculated at Cal Lutheran around the time they became a national champions in 2017.  At that time they had a JV program that sounded like it was BS (too many players recruited, very few games;  very few JV players making the leap to main team). This poster's son never made the "real" Cal Lu team.  But those who did became national champs.  If you're one of those @35 guys on the main roster, then selecting that school was a great call. If not, then not so much.  My point is if you're very confident that you're a dude or at least a top recruit at a school with a JV team, then go for it. The fact that they have a JV team has no bearing on you.  But if you're not, or if you're wrong about where you stand, it probably will not work out very well, baseball-wise.  Of course you can probably say that about any program at any level with or without JV.