Skip to main content

Reply to "2024s"

@PitchingFan posted:

I've said this before and I will say it again.  If you are spending more than $2,000 a year on baseball teams/coaches/lessons/equipment to try to get a college scholarship you are wasting your money.  If you are a top D1/P5 legit player, someone will let you play for free at the PG and PBR tournaments.  If you are not top D1/P5 legit player, you don't need to go to those places.  If you are wanting to play D2/D3/NAIA/Juco then you don't need to go to the expensive tournaments/showcases to get there.  Invest your money in TRYING to get bigger/faster/stronger and play locally where you can be seen by the D2/D3/NAIA/Juco teams.  Go to their camps/showcases and get in their ears.

I know I just opened myself up to a thrashing but after being in this recruiting game for 20 years as a baseball and a softball varsity HC, parent of 3 guys who went through it, friends with a multitude of baseball and softball HC's at all levels, doing lessons for 15 years, and watching 100's if not a 1,000 guys and their families go through it, this is my conclusion right or wrong and I can almost prove it 90% of the time it is right.

No thrashing. No need to prove.   IMHO, the challenge is getting enough QUALITY game experience in order to gain the necessary skills. Where that can be obtained is the crux of the issue.