Skip to main content

Reply to "."

offering a comp (a year ahead you), for your consideration ...

I have a 2024 LHP/1B and we do NOT have any plans to attend a Showcase in 2020, even as tempting as all those "you don't want to miss out" invite emails are. 

A few factors that I considered, 1) "not ready to perform" - COVID-19 shutdown my son's sports and most of his sports training for three months - he is still not ready to show peak performance measurables that he would want (need) to show, 2)  "radar during tournaments" - we live in eastern PA and, as such, get to regularly play PG tournaments in NJ/NY with his travel team - he gets on the radar with PG through tournament play, and 3) "dad hates to waste $" - IMO, Showcases are an unnecessary expense until my kid physically matures to near his adult height and completes at least one year of high school, especially as we would need to spend extra $ on air-travel to get him to a top-talent event in FL.  At his age, I think my money should still be invested in his development.

BTW, we did have plans to participate in an in-state PBR event earlier this summer - which would have provided verifiable measurables at a much lower cost with a lot less travel, however, he had not yet seen any live game play, and when my son tried to rush from 0 to 80 after the twelve week COVID shutdown, all he got out of it was a sore arm.   I sure hope this pandemic ends soon!  

good luck with your 2025.