Skip to main content

Reply to "2025 mom saying Hi!"

JCG posted:

I'm still trying to get my head around a family of Yankee fans in Houston. I hope you're transplants, cause otherwise that is just so wrong - and that's coming from someone who lives a short subway ride from Yankee Stadium.

Those long rides are great, for sure. It doesn't speak very well of my company, but one of the great benefits of traveling to and from baseball games was that my son learned to fall asleep anytime anywhere really quickly.  It's a great life skill. My stepfather had it too, but he earned it a lot harder - doing 4 hour watches for weeks at a time on a destroyer in the Pacific during WWII.

Welcome to the site, and enjoy the ride!

JCG, they are all over, and irritating!  Always honking their horns for no reason.  Seriously, all good.  How do they say it?  "Some of my best friends are Yankee fans."  25,000 families move to Houston each year.  And they come from all over the US and all over the world.

On being a Yankee fan, my father was born in southern Georgia in the '30's, son of a textile mill worker. There were no baseball teams in the south, not MLB anyway.  So he became a lifelong Yankee fan.  Something about those 27 world championships I guess.