Skip to main content

Reply to "2025 mom saying Hi!"

Welcome aboard NY. As a father of a 2022, 2025 and a Yankees fan living in Mets country, I can definitely relate! I am glad you are reading and enjoying this site. This is a treasure trove of information for all levels of baseball your child may fall into...and all free (+1 to all the cheapskates like myself) thanks to the generosity of the families/players in this wonderful community who made the journey before us. I will disclose I have a very biased opinion of baseball but being an active sports parent over the past decade, I can proudly proclaim that the baseball community "pays it forward" the most.  What I learned (and still learning) is how to transfer ownership of development to our kids. Luckily my 2022 "survived" coach dad  and only played for him until 11/12, when he transitioned to a travel program. I was at times the dad/coach who subscribed to the philosophy if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger. My kid would get the brunt of the ire of the coach (me) and unfairly called out to make a point to show  the team and the parents not being a daddy-baller. I could justify it gave him the ability to prepare for how unfair the world can be and use the ends (his current successes in both school and sports) to justify the means. But there was the high cost of losing precious father/son time. I am very happy to be the glorified Uber driver, financier (within reason, still a cheapskate) and a member of his advisory board now.  My 2025 was weaned off dad coach at 9. He enjoyed baseball and had talent but not the passion like his brother. His baseball journey is most likely ending this year. For purely selfish reasons I am a bit melancholic, but his passion lies in other sports and because of that he enjoys practicing it daily and I enjoy it too as 1. it can be leveraged to ensure good grades and behavior and 2. keeps him away from fortnite or "Electronic Satan". Anyhoot, sorry for the long rant work has been a bit slow, I am glad that you are here, hopefully I can now have a seat at the grown up table since I now have a kid in HS.