Skip to main content

Reply to "3 Top Factors In Choosing A College Program"

^^^ that last sentence was harsh  but more likely true

Is it fair to say that the 1% with more baseball to play after college would have had the option after HS as well. I know I know some kids bloom late, esp pitchers, and I'm not trying to crush someone's dreams. The way I read this thread is basically a warning to take a true look in the mirror and be realistic. Dream big and swing for the fences, just don't get caught up trying to catch lighting in bottle at the expense of drifting away from a better option. 

ps. this comes from someone who is in the medical field and spent a long time putting himself through college to not have to worry about my next paycheck.  

Yes, I agree.  Those 1 percenter should dream big!  They are the ones who just might make it.  And work hard to make it so.  But, they must not forget about the plan B.  Take advantage of the college education and get the best education and degree you can while dreaming big and working hard at baseball.  Then, if it turns out you have to hang up your cleats after your senior year (or after a year or three banging around in the minors), then you're ready to put plan B into action.

Putting all your eggs in the MLB's basket is a fools errand no matter who you are.

Last edited by LuckyCat