Skip to main content

Reply to "5th Year for 2021’s"

@22and25 posted:

As a society we have devalued the ability to overcome with the well intentioned impulse to accommodate, and its making entire generations of our kids soft and weak minded.  Let's just create more safe spaces with comfort puppies and coloring books, that's what kids need to prepare to compete with the world.....

The great thing is if you raise your kid to overcome obstacles they’re way ahead of many others on the life scale.

Back in 7th grade I told one of my kids if they didn’t like the grade go talk to the teacher. I wasn’t doing it for them. I knew 7th grade grades don’t matter anyway except for chest pounding.

One of the best lines my son ever came up with was in regards to a mother known for doing her son’s projects. I asked my son how he did on a certain project. He told me he had the second best score to Mrs. Smith.

Teachers aren’t dumb. They can tell when an adult did the project. it’s why during recruiting I would tell my son what his email to a coach should include. But he had to write it.

Last edited by RJM