Skip to main content

Reply to "60 time help"

There are some very good speed trainers out there.  I agree with Bob W. about going to the track coach, he can help.

That said, it has been my experience that most speed guys and track coaches have not mastered the baseball start.  The start in baseball (basic lead off position) is much different and difficult than starting in the blocks or shoulders squared to the target (finish line)

However, once the body turns everything is the same.  We have had very (very) good luck  with teaching and mastering the start referenced in the link above.  It is the most efficient  start possible.  You seldom hear the word accuracy used in sprinting, but an accurate start will absolutely cut time in every case.

BTW, I don't know how many players we have timed over the years, probably well over 100,000.  I would estimate that over 90% of those players could have improved their times with a better start, let alone improving form and physically.  I know this will sound far fetched, but we have seen kids improve a full second or more with training and developing good technique.  But the quickest improvement and maybe even the most improvement happens in the first 10 yards, and maybe you could say the first 6 feet.