Skip to main content

Reply to "60-yard dash speed, recruiting"

Thanks Doctor. 

I did look at that guideline.  I may have under analyzed.....real possibility I could not extrapolate from that chart a good understanding @ the speed relationship/component. Is 7.0-7.8,(ex) for a manchild not as bad as it appears on paper, particularily for a CIF/P/C, of a certain stature? 

60 times seem to be expressed more as an absolute, for OF, MIF, at least to me. Velo, pop, 60 are measureably objective. Yet I often see pop and velo expressed in a range, with a goal being a lower # for pop, higher for velo. I suppose I could be asking is there a range, projection, for the 60 times given variable tangibles??

My take, speed is not necessarily the 1st or 2nd tool for CIF,P,C. Faster is likely better, but is 7.55 vs 6.99 a deal breaker? Now I am getting dangerously far away from my personal baseball comfort zone.....

2016 just d*r*e*a*ds the stopwatch!! Hates the label slow. He does work at decreasing his time. Try to tell him he will get faster, leaner, stronger, improve technique, etc. OMG, so impatient. I want to say, "you are really not that slow, for being 16, 6'4", 200+lbs" Uh, then I would have to back that statement up, yikes!

Thanks again folks!