Skip to main content

Reply to "60yd times (Getting Times down to 6.7 and below possible?)"

Linedrive_07 posted:
Zia2021 posted:

My 2021 ran a 6.5/6.6 60 on natural talent alone. We sent him to a very well respected speed/agility trainer last year for some technique help when we realized what an asset his speed was. That trainer's first response was "yeah, he's fast, but he can be faster." He teaches a combination of specific strength training exercises and techniques to improve speed. So as others here have said, a player can definitely improve their speed to some extent. But keep in mind, natural speed is a result of physical attributes (check out the Sports Gene by David Epstein for more info). So there is a limit as to how much increase there can be.

Of course there are some that are natural athletes while most are not, which is why in my original statement/question, being an athlete was presumed.  If your 2021 was already hitting a 6.5 by just showing up,it would make sense that he would have 6.2 potential if he puts in the work.  I am going to guess he is pretty matured physically for a 2021..  

He pretty mature physically for almost 15 years old based on the measure that he is well into puberty now. However, he's not a big, tall kid. I think he's about 5'8" or 5'9" right now. We aren't optimistic that he's going to be real tall (but we hope lol).