Skip to main content

Reply to "61st Annual Pitch & Hit Club of Chicago Awards Dinner"

Joe,
It took you all of two posts to lose your credibility on this site.

For one you know nothing of the process that is involved in selecting "winners" for the dinner. Among things that I heard in the meetings of which I attended and voted (this is not just specific to this winner but others)...he has received the award 3 times in the last 5 years, he will not show up to accept the award, he has other obligations at that time, they have a school/pro event that weekend. These are among several issues that come up when dealing with selecting winners for awards. There is no debate that Steve R. had a great year that deserved awards; I don’t think anyone here will debate you on that.
Calling jarthur a self-promoter is like saying Mother Teresa hated people, nothing could be further from the truth. One of the reasons that he keeps "self-promoting" this event on his OWN forum is because some people like to be informed as of updates on who will attend the event.

In the future when presenting yourself to large group of people you don't know (ONLY 2 posts)I would suggest that you stay away from saying blatantly disrespectful things such as: What ever happened to the best man winning?

Lots of nepotism in that Pitch N Hit Club. Wonder how many other awards are "questionable". This once proud club has really fell apart the last 10 years. No wonder it is losing all the professional members. Hijacked by a small click of self promoters with an agenda to take care of one another. Shameful people

Please try and attend the event as it will be a celebration of great baseball people no matter who the winners are. Come up and introduce yourself to me and jarthur, we will be "self-promoting" ourselves wherever the most people are.

Justin Stringer
HSBASEBALLWEB SPONSOR